Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

(picture to come)


This is a definite favorite around my house. The entire family devours it. A few years back when my first child was only one, I went to work one day. When I came home 14 hours later, I asked my husband what the baby had eaten all day. He said pumpkin bread. I said, what else? He replied that the baby had eaten pumpkin bread all day because that is all that he asked to eat. I learned early on that all I need to worry about while I'm working is that the kids are happy and taken care of. I just let it go, but recommended that next time he could throw in some fruit & vegies.

I like to add applesauce in place of half of the oil and substitute whole wheat flour for the all purpose (use whatever quantity you like, I usually do at least half to three fourths whole wheat).

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

5 eggs, well beaten

3 cups sugar

2 1/2 cups canned pumpkin

2 cups oil

4 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

4 1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 1/2 tsp cloves

1 tsp ground ginger

1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips


Cream eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil. Add dry ingredients slowly and combine thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into 4 greased and floured (9 x 5 inch) pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment