Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Zucchini Carrot Pineapple Bread

This is a recipe that I found at my Grandma's house when I was a teenager. I made it for her, and she loved it. It's the perfect zucchini bread....moist and delicious instead of dry and boring. I love the addition of the carrots and pineapple. I'll post the original recipe with the modifications I make in parenthesis. My son begs me to make this for him whenever he sees the word zucchini!


Zucchini Carrot Pineapple Bread


3 eggs
1 cup oil (I use 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
3/4 cup grated carrot
3 cups flour (I use 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, 3/4 cups all purpose)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional - I leave them out)
1/2 cup raisins (optional - I usually leave them out too)

Beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in grated zucchini, crushed pineapple, and grated carrot. Mix together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and stir until moistened. Gently fold in nuts and raisins, if desired. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans (filling 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment