Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Roasted Vegetables


This is so simple, but it's the best way to cook a lot of vegetables. I cook potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, and asparagus this way. If you haven't tried roasting your vegetables, try it! It makes vegetables so delicious!

For potatoes, I like to use red skinned potatoes. All I do is wash them and cut them into chunks. For sweet potatoes and carrots, peel and cut into chunks. For asparagus, wash and break off the hard end at the bottom. Just toss the vegies in a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook at 425 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until they're done (asparagus only takes about 5 minutes, so throw them in when your meal is almost complete). I use my toaster oven so that I don't have to heat up the big oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment