Saturday, January 22, 2011

Garlic Chicken Farfalle


A friend of mine raved about this recipe and I had to try it. It's adapted from Becky Higgins' blog. I love that it's delicious and EASY! I made a few modifications from her recipe because I'm a wimp and don't like things with too much pepper, and I just can't bring myself to use heavy cream in my cooking. I think it was fabulous even without the cream. This recipe makes a lot, so if you're not cooking for a big group, cut the recipe in half.

Garlic Chicken Farfalle

16 oz. farfalle pasta
1 cup half & half
3-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 Tbsp. pepper
1/2 c. butter
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) Lawry's mesqute marinade with lime juice

Cook chicken and bottle of marinade in the crockpot (on low for 6 hours). Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred. Set aside. About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, half and half, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a bit more parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment